Thursday 23 July 2015

My Top Ten China Glaze Nail Polishes (With a bonus shade!)


Hey everyone,
                      Welcome back to my blog, I hope you all are doing great :). Today, I have my top ten china glaze polishes (and a bonus shade lol) to share with you all. China Glaze is definitely one of my favourite brands and it makes up most of my entire nail polish collection. I especially enjoy wearing their neons during the summer. I would like to mention the polishes presented are not ranked in any particular order. Also, bottle shots and swatches of each colour will be shown in the photos. Anyway, lets get on to what you are really here to see; introducing my top ten china glaze polishes !







#1: Man Hunt- This polish can be described as a rich, royal blue with just a touch of purple. It was part of the 2012 fall collection and definitely one of my favourite blues to wear.





#2: It’s a Trapeze- This one is more like a party in a bottle and is great for an accent nail. This polish is made up of a sheer white base with blue, green, yellow, silver, pink glitter and the list goes on. I would suggest layering this polish over one coat of a regular white for full opacity. 





#3: Flip Flop Fantasy- This shade is known to have two formulas, one which leans more pink toned and the other orange. My bottle surely leans orange but has that bright, neon quality it is well loved for. Also, it dries down to a matte finish and is a fine choice for vacation. 





#4: In A Lily Bit- Came out in the spring 2014 collection and for me it’s a hard one to describe. In some light it appears more pink and others lilac toned. This shade also dries down to a matte finish and gives an ultra feminine, soft look.





#5: Fairy Dust- Surely, one of my favourites as it has the ability to add extra sparkle to any old manicure. It can be described as a fine, iridescent micro- glitter. I love pairing this over darker shades. This glitter polish will not become opaque on its own and is best used for layering over a solid colour.


Fairy Dust layered over black




#6: Refresh Mint- The name describes this polish perfectly since it’s a gorgeous pastel, mint green. Opaque in two coats and a staple shade for your collection.





#7: Luxe and Lush- This polish is much like fairy dust for the reason that it has the ability to transform a regular manicure. It is definitely unique and appears to be shredded chunks of iridescent confetti. The only downside is the clear base can get a bit thick so, you may have to apply the glitter in a dabbing motion. 


Luxe and Lush layered over black





#8: Highlight of my Summer- This shade was released in the summer of 2013 and looks absolutely stunning with a tan. It is known for its neon quality while still being a pastel, mint green. However, the formula leaves much to be desired as it usually takes three uneven coats to be opaque but, for me the colour is worth it.





#9: Shocking Pink- Just like the name says this is bright, neon pink shade. It dries down to a matte finish like most other neon polishes. The formula on this one is average, two thick coats can give full opacity.





#10: Starboard- This was one of my first china glaze polishes and it really started my love for green polishes. It’s a simple grass green shade but comes in so handy for nail art purposes, great staple to have in your collection. Also, has an amazing formula fully opaque in two coats.





*Bonus shade: Secret Periwinkle- I'm not a huge fan of purple but this one is a pretty cross between a blue and purple and I love wearing it. Also, has an amazing formula; fully opaque in two coats. 






Thank you for viewing my top ten china glaze shades and check out my other posts on this blog. Feel free to leave a comment and share this page with your family and friends. Also, look out for a tutorial next week. Enjoy the rest of your day and remember to keep smiling :).


See you soon.


Ciao,
Shannon. 











No comments:

Post a Comment