Saturday 15 August 2015

Nail Polish Dupes (Similar Nail Polish Shades)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey everyone,
                       Welcome! To all my existing and new readers, I do hope all is well in your lives. Every so often I go through my nail polish collection to get rid of the old ones and really remind myself of what I have as its easy to forget when you have a big collection lol. While sifting through I realised how many colours I have that are extremely similar to each other, which encouraged me to do this post. This can be helpful to polish lovers that have been searching for shades that have either been discontinued or are not available in the area where they reside. Anyway, enough chatter lets get onto the polish and have a closer look inside my collection :).



1. OPI- Pinking of You; Milani- Strawberry Shake
Gorgeous milky pink shades that are almost exact however, strawberry shake is a bit brighter.






2. Essie- Hide and Go Chic; Maybelline Color Show- Denim Dash
These two polishes are identical shades of medium blue, the only difference is that Denim Dash dries matte which can be easily fixed by adding a top coat.





3. Essie- Mint Candy Apple; Color Club- Factory Girl
Two of my favourite pastel blues which are very similar however, Factory Girl is a shade brighter.





4. Essie- Lilacism; Sinful Colors- Candy Coated
This pair can be described as pastel purple shades, they are extremely similar especially in the bottle. However, Candy Coated is more blue toned. 





5. Orly- Highlight; China Glaze- Pelican Grey
I always wear grey polish when I want something understated and professional and I didn't realise how close these two were in colour. However, Highlight has a strong beige undertone. 





6. Orly- Gumdrop; China Glaze- For Audrey
After swatching these two I couldn't believe that they were practically the same shade. For Audrey is a well loved colour in the world of polish so finding this dead on dupe was shocking.





7. Sally Hansen- Vanity Flair; Colormates- Myrtle Beach Purple
This is another pair that are exact dupes for each other. Both are medium, toned purple hues.





8. Rimmel London- Stormy Skies; Essie- Vested Interest
These both have a dusty teal quality to them. However, Stormy skies is more blue toned while Vested interest leans more green. 





9. China Glaze- Electric Pineapple; Sally Hansen- Green with Envy
You can definitely see the difference between this pair however, they share the similarity of having both yellow and green undertones. 





10. OPI- Visions of Love; Essie- Wicked
These are definite dupes for each other and can be described as dark 'ox blood'/ burgundy shades. They both have a tendency to appear black but with the right amount of sunlight both truly stand out.








Thank you all for viewing this post and also, to the persons who continue to support me much love to you. Feel free to leave a comment and share this page with your family and friends. Also, look out for another post next week. Enjoy the rest of your day and remember to keep smiling :).


See you soon.


Ciao,
Shannon.





















No comments:

Post a Comment